Comprueba tu nivel
Realiza la prueba de nivel en 45 minutos, sin consultar ninguna fuente de información. Escoje la respuesta que consideres correcta y escribe A, B, C o D en el espacio provisto.
1. What ____ your name?
be are is —
2. I ____ 25 years old.
have got live am
3. She ____ television every night.
watches hears looks sees
4. Tom Cruise is ____ actor.
— a an the
5. That is ____ food. Don’t eat it.
they them their theirs
6. What time ____ she wake up in the morning?
does are is do
7. She can ____ very well.
sings to sing singing sing
8. Tim is a ____. He works in a hospital.
waiter teacher nurse driver
9. I have got four children: two sons and two ____.
sisters daughters aunts mothers
10. I don’t like meat so I never eat ____.
bread apples rice chicken
11. ____ often do you go to the cinema?
What — When How
12. I ____ go to the gym. Four or five times a week.
rarely occasionally often hardly ever
13. She can’t talk now. She ____ a shower.
has is having had will have
14. I put your tea ____ the table.
at on in with
15. I have been ____ Italy 3 times.
at by for to
16. I have just ____ 2 glasses of milk.
drunk drinking drank drink
17. I’ve got ____ aspirin if you need it.
much any some a
18. Paul didn’t answer the phone because he ____.
cooks cooked has cooked was cooking
19. How much money do you ____ on books?
pay cost spend buy
20. Liverpool are the best team. They always ____ their matches.
pass get win score
21. My sister ____ married 5 years ago.
went had got took
22. He’s got a really good job. His ____ is £2000 a month.
salary bill fare pension
23. You need to ____ in about an hour before your flight.
take bring check get
24. Mr Smith is not here at the moment. Would you like to ____ a message?
leave take stay put
25. Thank you very much, Mrs Jones. It was very ____ of you to help me.
kind right fine great
26. Guess what? Amy and Peter ____ married in August.
get are getting will get would get
27. She is ____ taller than me.
much so enought more
28. Ian is very ____. He always cries at weddings.
lively moody serious emotional
29. Could you pass me the oil so I can ____ the eggs?
bake fry grill boil
30. Matt is very ____. He keeps telling Paul what to do.
angry competitive independent bossy
31. Have you paid ____ the money you borrowed?
to back by for
32. Please wait ____. The doctor will see you soon.
bravely happily patiently slowly
33. Phil gets ____ well with Ann. I think they really like each other.
out on down in
34. Paul is in his ____ thirties. I think he is 32 or 33.
mid about early late
35. I’ve tried on three dresses but ____ of them fits me.
both either none neither
36. I ____ 300 words of my essay so far but I still need to write about 200 more.
have written wrote had written have been writing
37. If the weather ____ good tomorrow, we’ll go to the beach.
will be is would be has been
38. You ____ smoke here. It’s not allowed.
don’t have to needn’t mustn’t might not
39. I have ____ money to pay for the meal.
few any no lots
40. Anna is the ____ girl in our school.
most beautiful beautifully beautiful more beautiful
41. Here’s a map ____ help you find your way to the campsite.
to for where how
42. She performed very ____ in the French test.
the worst worse bad badly
43. What do you call a person ____ gives you medicine?
which who what —
44. As a child, I used ____ on holiday with my grandparents.
going go to going to go
45. I hope she passes her driving test. I’ll keep my ____ crossed.
fingers eyes ears legs
46. The journey took much longer than usual because of the ____.
motorway pedestrian area traffic jam multi-storey
47. She had the right ____ for the job.
examinations applications qualifications forms
48. The region ____ I live is called Dorset.
which what where that
49. I hate ____ out of bed in the morning.
to get got getting get
50. The average worker in the UK ____ £26000 for his / her work.
will pay pays is paid has paid
51. Tom can afford holidays abroad ____ he is so rich.
due to because of since owing to
52. If I weren’t taking this test, I ____ in bed asleep.
had been will be would have been would be
53. James ____ gone to work if he hadn’t felt so ill.
will have might not have could have wouldn’t
54. The ____ was caught stealing jewellery from the house.
burglar hijacker arsonist mugger
55. By this time next year, Paul ____ for 5 years.
will be teaching will teach is teaching will have been teaching
56. When I met Martin, he ____ in this office for 10 years.
has been working was working worked had been working
57. Let’s move the date of the meeting forward, ____?
have we shall we do we will we
58. The woman at the reception desk will have ____ information about the trip.
some an one much
59. I ____ at the garage in Cumberland Street yesterday.
had repaired my car repaired my car had my car repaired my car to be repaired
60. You need to ____ some cheese to sprinkle it on top of the pizza.
slice mince grate spread
61. The plane ____ off at 9.55am.
takes lifts sets gets
62. Is James ____ the birthday party?
running organising making setting
63. Oh no! I’m working with Kate again next week. She’s such a pain in the ____.
neck ear nose head
64. I ____ my ankle playing football yesterday.
bled sprained screwed pulled
65. You can always count ____ Jenny. She’s a very reliable person.
in for on to
66. The company is on the brink of bankruptcy. That’s why most of the employees are being ____.
fired streamlined restructured maderedundant
67. She’s got freckles like her mum has. In fact freckles ____ in the family.
run take stay keep
68. Our currency is very unstable; exchange rates tend to ____ a lot.
rocket fluctuate tighten expand
69. She loves going off the beaten ____ when she goes on holiday.
track path street wood
70. He ____ with relief when he heard the good news.
muttered sighed mumbled groaned
71. The operation lasted six hours but against all odd he pulled ____.
over through out up
72. The allegations against the politician were ____ false.
particularly greatly vitally entirely
73. The island of Corsica lies just ____ the south coast of France.
on at to off
74. If only you ____ a Sat Nav, we’d be there by now.
bought would have bought had bought will have bought
75. I’m tired of ____ to.
been lied having been lied being lied having lies
76. We ____ our jumpers because it was so warm.
wouldn’t have taken wouldn’t take needn’t have taken will have taken
77. It would be a serious problem if the negotiations ____.
would fail were to fail would have failed will fail
78. If the rash doesn’t go away, ____ in steroid cream could help.
cover it to cover cover covering it
79. The government ended the system ____ police could stop and search people on the street.
whereby which that whereas
80. ____ a pause in the interview the officer left the room.
throughout during with over